- Public Safety is the foundation for all other issues. Good public safety allows businesses to thrive and property values to rise. .
- Maintain a Balanced Budget and Fiscal Responsibility are priorities which also attracts new business to the city and allows the community to grow.
- Business Growth and Revitalize Local Unused Lots and Structures for Community Use and Business Attractions to the City.
- Keeping our streets safe and foster a sense of community pride
- Spur economic development with better business partnerships
- Create new outdoor activities for residents and improve the city/school relationships and partnerships
As a resident of La Mirada for over 50 years, I have been blessed to live, serve, and be a part of such a wonderful community. I attended La Mirada schools throughout my youth and was proud to have done so given the quality education our city possessed. Like many other residents of our city, I played various sports in the city leagues while growing up as well. La Mirada was always the gold standard that all other cities tried to emulate.
My wife Carmen and I have been married for over 25 years and have raised two boys, Miles and AJ, here in La Mirada. Miles recently served as the Student Body President for Cerritos College and is now a student at Cal State Berkley.
Professionally, I have worked in the grocery industry for over 30 years and am currently a financial auditor for Stater Bros. Additionally in 2004 I undertook a challenge I made to myself of pursuing a passion I have had since I was young. I started the La Mirada Blog as a service to residents of La Mirada in order to keep them informed of breaking news and happenings in our city. It has been an amazing journey watching the La Mirada Blog grow into what it has become today and despite the hundreds of late night calls, texts, and updates; I believe it is a worthwhile sacrifice for our city.
As a community member I have been very active in the Foster Park community and have fought for a long time to improve our part of town. Whether it was pushing for redevelopment in our area, improved infrastructure, or projects that would create more open space and parks; I have always fought to make our community a safer, better, more attractive place to live. For over 10 years I have also been “The Voice” of the 4 La Mirada Kids Carnival as well as the announcer for the La Mirada High School basketball team. In 2010 I founded the La Mirada Olive Fest in order to promote and maintain the heritage of our city and its unique history. Given my passion for our city, in 2012 I co-authored a book on the history of La Mirada. I also serve on the Historical Advisory Council in order to help preserve the history of La Mirada for future generations. It really is a joy and pleasure to serve my city whether its Meals on Wheels, the high school, or whatever organization needs help, I will always strive to lend a hand in helping make La Mirada the best city to live in.
- Andrew Sarega - La Mirada City Councilman
- Pastor Jack Miranda - Living Faith Church
- Don Jacks - Co-Founder La Mirada Soccer Association