City Council, District 1 —City of Redondo BeachMarch 7, 2017 —Local Elections
City of Redondo BeachCity Council, District 1
Share This Page
About this office
- Mitigate traffic by preventing further gridlock along PCH and other corridors, preventing traffic growth from dense overdevelopment, and enhancing pedestrian and bicycle safety.
- Revitalization done right! Include community input on development projects, and preventing “Concrete Canyon” developments. Ensure developments are approved and built within zoning restrictions.
- Transparent & resident-friendly government, including online progress tracking of projects and proposals, and online reporting of City government activity.
As a life-long South Bay resident, I work and play throughout Redondo Beach. I understand our communities character and will make sure that Redondo doesn’t become a traffic nightmare like the west side, or the density of concrete canyons. Preserving the lifestyle of Redondo and balancing a sensible, sustainable growth is my goal.
Drawing upon a deep connection to the Community
Small Business Owner
As a small business owner, I build websites, social media platforms and technology solutions for businesses to thrive on. This experience will help me get our City government to become more transparent and proactively inform residents of upcoming projects and events.
Los Angeles County Lifeguard for 20 years on our local beaches
Working for the last 20 years on our local beaches, I understand the value of local community oriented public safety services. We should be working more with our fellow Beach Cities to ensure that these services stay local with a high level of service.
Junior Lifeguard Instructor for 17 years
As a former Junior Lifeguard and now Instructor I can attest to the value of a quality ocean safety program.
Lifelong South Bay Resident
Born and raised in the South Bay, I understand that we are not Santa Monica, nor do want to be. Improving South Redondo, our beach-town character will always be my goal.
- Stephen Sammarco -Councilman Distrct 4
- Sierra Club
- Todd Loewenstein -Former School Board President
- Candace Nafissi -Redondo Beach Historical Commisioner
The decision to run for local office was not made lightly, but became evidently clear with the current direction of this City. With Save The Riviera, Nils worked with a team of community members to get a viable project approved by the City Council, that has all the hallmarks of success: proper traffic management, community character, commercial development for tax revenues and community approval.
With Rescue Our Waterfront, Nils lead community meetings, community Harbor walks, co-lead a signature gathering effort and co-wrote The King harbor C.A.R.E. Act. Now Measure C, a ballot Measure paid for by the people, written by the people, signed by the people, lead by the people: this is progress. The measure spells out specific zoning, which the current waterfront plan can conform to, without raising taxes.
This is more than just progress, these are actionable items of accomplishments to move the community together as one harmoniously sync'd symphony. That's why I am walking door-to-door, to hear people's concerns and ensure that we are truly represented, not rubber stamping $400 MM projects in the Harbor. Our Pier needs revitalization, not a Mall. Make these projects better, not stop them. Ensure that this communities character is alive and well, through organized positive leadership that brings results.
- 1. Public safety 2. Public infrastructure 3. Quality of life. In order to maintain these 3, we need to balance our rising costs as a city with the needs of our community--both our residents and our businesses.
- Improving traffic flow along PCH, PV BLvd and Prospect, reducing cut-through traffic in our neighborhoods. Enhancing our transportation coridors while maintaining and attracting businesses and employers..
- Maintaining my high level of responsiveness as your representative. Stay fully informed and prepared to make the best decisions in the best interest of our city while listening to you, my constituents and weighing the needs of all.
- Redondo Beach School Board Members
- National Womens Political
- Support "balanced" development by reducing density limits and requiring proper oversight so that projects are well-executed and reflect the true character of our community
- Modernize our public safety facilities & communications system and create a citywide security camera registry to better protect our homes and families
- Minimize traffic congestion by adding turning lanes, creating roundabouts and reducing city density limits
Commitment to Family & Community
-Redondo Beach resident 18+ years
-Married to wife Jen - Special Needs Teacher
-Proud father of 2 boys
-Engineering Manager (retired)
-UCLA - Anderson School of Management, Executive Management Program
Dedicated Community Leader
-Redondo Beach Recreation and Parks Commissioner
-Redondo Beach Citizens Police Academy Class #39
-Legado Project Density Reduction Advocate
-Neighborhood Watch Organizer
- Ray Benning Jr.- Redondo Beach Planning Commissioner (Former)
- Bradley Smith, M.D. - Ocean Medical Family and Urgent Care, 26 year Redondo Beach business owner
- John Greene, Lifetime Redondo Beach resident
- Joelle Petit Adkins, Director of Savoir Faire Language Institute, President of Redondo Beach Sister Cities
- Ian Bardin, Redondo Beach Recreation and Parks Commissioner
- Doris Krebs, 44 year Redondo Beach resident
I am running for Redondo Beach City Council because our city is faced with many critical challenges that demand independent, analytical and fair-minded leadership.
As a resident of our community for over 18 years, I know the important decisions we make today will impact our daily quality of life for decades to come. I am concerned about our future and want to utilize my background and experience in making responsible, informed decisions to better our district.
We live in a wonderful place but need elected officials who are willing to approach each issue without prejudice and work together on behalf of the entire city…whose only agenda is putting community first. Therefore, I look forward to speaking with you during the upcoming campaign to discuss the issues that are important to you. Let’s keep Redondo Beach moving forward!
As Our Council Member Rolf Will Work to:
-Ensure “balanced” development by reducing density limits and requiring proper oversight so that projects are well-executed and reflect the true character of our community
-Modernize our public safety facilities and communications system and create a citywide security camera registry to better protect our homes and families
-Minimize traffic congestion by adding turning lanes, creating roundabouts and reducing city density limits
-Work to increase “true” park space and park utilizations while promoting “green” roofs as alternative open space
-Promote economic growth with incentives for tech industry recruiting and capital improvements for local businesses
-Provide proper budgetary oversight with focus on the needs of our seniors, veterans and families