Council Member —City of Monterey ParkMarch 7, 2017 —Local Elections
City of Monterey ParkCouncil Member
Share This Page
About this office
- Grow our local economy by making Monterey Park business friendly to encourage investment.
- Keep Monterey Park safe by fully investing in public safety and collaborating with law enforcement.
- Clean up City Hall with campaign finance reform and fiscal responsibility.
My name is Randall Avila. I am Monterey Park born and raised and I am running for Monterey Park City Council.
I am running because this is my home. It’s where I grew up and it’s where I want to start a family. Who I am and what I have accomplished, I owe to my community and I want to give back.
I attended Repetto Elementary and Cantwell Sacred Heart of Mary High School. After graduating from UCLA with a Bachelor of Arts degree, I began my career as a non-profit consultant and now work for my alma mater in the UCLA office of Government and Community Relations. In this role I represent the University in matters of public policy on the local, state and federal levels.In our community I have served in leadership of both the Monterey Park Chamber of Commerce and the East Los Angeles Pregnancy Center. Currently I serve as Vice-Chair of the Parks and Recreation Commission, where as a city commissioner I have worked hard to represent residents’ interests and improve our parks and programs.
These experiences have shown me the potential of Monterey Park but I have to be honest. These experiences, as well as my countless conversations with residents, also show me that City Hall is broken.
All talk, no action politicians have failed us.
I am a problem solver. I know how to work together, build coalitions and get things done. My priorities are to get our local economy booming again, keep our homes safe and run our city properly.
I have the fresh ideas, the energy and the quickness needed to move our city forward again. I am asking for your support and I am asking for your vote on Tuesday, March 7th, 2017. When elected, I guarantee my commitment to service and a dedication to the pride of our community.
- Mayor Mitchell Ing
- Vice Mayor Teresa Real Sebastian
- Former Mayor Betty Tom Chu
- Former Mayor Rita Valenzuela
- Monterey Park Police Officers Association
Like most in my generation I do not consider myself categorically Democrat or Republican. More than party affiliation, I vote on based on what I believe is right, for my family and for my community. This has led me to vote for candidates of both parties. I am a pragmatic individual, not a partisan one. I will give every decision I make as a city councilmember due diligence and vote for the best interests of our residents and our city.
- To over look our city budget cut out wasteful spending and teach the city how to make money using the city natural resources.
- i will reach out to all our neighborhoods to bring them together make stronger neighborhood watch to make safer neighborhoods and let our local police uptake the necessary tools and education to keep up with technology to provide safe community
- up grade and bring in new programs for our children and seniors for economic growth and to reach out the break the language barrier bring people together of all walks of life because have so many.